Frequently Asked Questions
Who is OVERWOOD?
OVERWOOD is a firm that pools money from its members to grow their savings in the best and safest, high-yield savings options.
Why should I save with OVERWOOD?
- Our portfolio strategy is a conservative approach designed to minimize risk to the savings amount while guaranteeing a good return. Our strategy is as follows:
- Safety first - We distribute about 80% of the net assets in dividend-paying money market accounts to minimize the risk to which money is exposed.
- Higher return - An additional 15% is spread across other pooled savings options with higher returns.
- Highest return - The remaining 5% is placed in riskier assets with extremely high returns.
- We offer daily payment of interest accrued on your savings account.
- We offer up to 12% annual interest rate on your savings which is compounded daily.
What is your bank account details?
Account Name: OVERWOOD LIMITED
Bank: PROVIDUS BANK PLC
Account number: 5400509126
Which countries do you operate in?
We are currently available only in Nigeria. However, we will launch a pan-African savings scheme in April 2021 for clients in other African countries.
- Where can I find your prospectus?
How long can I keep my savings with OVERWOOD?
There is a minimum duration of 90 days and no maximum tenor. You can choose to keep your savings with us for as long as you wish and your money will keep earning returns daily.
What interest do I earn on my savings?
We offer up to 12% returns on your savings which is determined by the market value for each day.
When does my savings begin to earn returns?
Your savings begin to earn returns from 12 midnight on the same day. Thereafter, your daily returns are credited to your OVERWOOD account at 12 midnight each day.
What do you save in?
We grow your money with mutual funds, money market accounts, government bonds, credit-backed assets, capital market assets, and treasury bills. The pooled resources give us access to the safest and most sophisticated savings options in the global market.
We place a high value on safety so our savings options are weighted towards bonds and money market accounts.
Can I monitor my savings and returns?
Yes, you can monitor the daily dividends accrued on your savings on your dashboard.
What is the minimum savings amount?
The minimum savings amount is NGN5,000.
How secure is my money?
The safety of your money is our number one priority so we only grow your savings with assets that provide a very, very high likelihood of safety.
How secure is my money?
Fund security is our number one priority so we only grow your funds with instruments that provide a very, very high likelihood of principal safety.
When can I withdraw my money?
All savings can be withdrawn at the set duration date or anytime afterwards.
You may also withdraw before the maturity date if you really need your money. However, any withdrawal made before the set maturity date will attract a 40% penalty fee on the interest. Your initial amount will never depreciate, the early withdrawal fee is only on the interest.
How do I withdraw my money?
To initiate a withdrawal, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your dashboard.
- Click on "withdraw".
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Confirm withdrawal. Once you request a withdrawal, a member of staff will be in touch with you to confirm the request and discuss the withdrawal process.
How do I fund my savings account?
1. Log onto your dashboard.
2. Click "save now".
3. Specify amount.
4. Select tenor duration (90 days, 180 days or 365 days), then click 'confirm rate/tenor'.
5. Sign in your name and click 'complete transaction'.
6. Transfer savings amount to the account details provided.